Thursday, January 11, 2007

Engaged!

A major life event - I'm engaged! (To Patrick!) We're gonna get hitched. Crazy! Fun! Wonderful!

It happened Thursday, January 4, 2007. The story:

It was after I got back from a play I had gone to with a friend. (Patrick was originally supposed to go but a few days before, he had asked me if I could find someone else to go, because he had to do "secret stuff.") He was lying down on the couch watching TV and after a few minutes of chatting, he asked me to lie down with him. Then he pulled out a manila envelope marked "Classified: TOP SECRET." Inside the envelope was a script (see picture). After I read through it (and was a little confused) he asked me to marry him. I said "Of course! Yes!" to which he responded, "You have to read the script!" So I corrected myself with, "Cool, I'm game! I love you!" He then gave me a box with a ring in it - that he had made! It's beautiful (see picture). He also gave me an IOU for a ("phatty") ring, and we are going to take my grandmother's engagement diamond and have it custom set.




The ring!





1 comment:

C said...

beaucoups congratulations carrie!! what a great engagement story. by the way i found your blog via Lindsay's so i'm not totally stalking you...well maybe just a little. I'm also engaged but haven't done any serious wedding planning. now that i'm done will grad school, it is the next project. we should share ideas- i'm clueless about all of this stuff. :)

Princess Nijma

Princess Nijma